Foreign Travel

Do not embark on foreign travel without DOE approval/country clearance. Doing so will result in non-reimbursement of travel expenses and salary.


To travel internationally, you need a valid passport. It is good practice to ensure your passport is valid six months beyond your return date. Certain countries also require an entry visa. Check Visa Central for information about these requirements. An overview of Visa Central can be found here.

Travel Exceptions or Late Applications

Strong justification must be included on the FTMS form for approval of travel exceptions and late applications. 

Trip Revisions and Changes

Any change in travel plans requires submission of a revised Travel Request in Concur and FTMS TR for re-approval.