Conference Management is another resource provided by the PPPL Travel Office to assist you with ensuring compliance with PPPL and DOE policies and all applicable federal regulations. The Department of Energy (DOE) has requirements and guidelines for participation in conferences and similar events. The goal of these requirements is to ensure good stewardship and appropriate use of federal funds. PPPL is required to report all anticipated conference activity for DOE and non-DOE sponsored conferences.
To ensure that the Department of Energy’s spending on conference related activities is limited to that which is appropriate, necessary and managed in a manner that minimizes expenses carefully review attendance and cost.
- Limit attendance to only those necessary
- Select Federal venue when possible and available
- Carpool or use public transportation
- Register early
- Book travel as soon as approval is obtained from the Travel Office
- Where possible, carry audiovisual equipment rather than rent
- Federal Funds should be used solely for the purposes that are appropriate, cost effective and important to the core mission of the Department of Energy