Receipts & Expense Report FAQ
- How do I submit a receipt?
- I submitted my receipt to email@example.com, but it didn’t go into Concur. What happened?
- What should I do with my original receipts?
- What do I do if I lost a receipt?
- How do I record an expense that was direct-billed or prepaid by PPPL?
- What do I do for expenses someone else paid for?
- Will my Expense Report get routed to the cost center approver for approval?
- My expense report was returned to me. What do I do?
- Can I see the status of my expense report in Concur?
- What file types can I attach to Concur?
- Can I split an expense among different cost centers?
- Can a Delegate create and submit an Expense Report for all travelers?
1. How do I submit a receipt?
You can add expense receipts (photos, email receipts, scanned copies) to Concur in a couple of ways:
- Use ExpenseIt to upload your receipt (easiest for paper receipts).
- Email your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org (easiest for email receipts and scanned copies).
- Upload a receipt to Concur from your web browser under the Expense tab. The receipt will appear in your Available Expenses in the Expense module, and from there, you can attach the receipt to your expense report.
2. I submitted my receipt to email@example.com, but it didn’t go into Concur. What happened?
The email address you’re sending the email from might not be verified in Concur. If you plan to submit a receipt from any email address other than your PPPL email address, make sure you’ve added that alternate address to Concur. To do this, see the instructions on the Completing Personal Information page. If your delegate is sending receipts to Concur on your behalf, the assistant must put your PPPL email address in the subject line of their email, to tell Concur to which account it should post the receipt.
3. What should I do with my original receipts?
Travelers should keep original receipts until the report is fully approved and reimbursement received. In case the scannedreceipts cannot be read, you will be able to re-attach them to the Expense Report in Concur.
4. What do I do if I lost a receipt?
For lost receipts, you must complete a Missing Receipt Affidavit. Only the traveler can do this. Some expense types such as airfare, hotel, and rental car, do not allow for a missing receipt affidavit.
5. How do I record an expense that was direct-billed or prepaid by PPPL?
Enter the expense in Concur with a payment type of “Company Paid”, or “UATP: PPPL Prepaid Air/Train” if the expense is an airfare, travel agency fee, or train fare.
6. What do I do for expenses someone else paid for?
Enter a comment in the Comment section of the expense report explaining which expenses were paid for by someone else.
7. Will my Expense Report get routed to the cost center approver for approval?
With the new travel system, PPPL tries to streamline the approval process for all users. When submitting an Expense Report, it will be routed directly to the Accounting Division for review and processing, except when:
- The total cost of the trip exceeds the approved amount on the Travel Request; or,
- A specific travel expense (i.e. airfare, train, lodging, etc.) exceeds the approved amount on the Travel Request.
8. My expense report was returned to me. What do I do?
If the dollar amount on your expense report changes or if additional information is required during the review or approval process, your report will be returned to you so that you can provide the additional information and re-attest to its accuracy. When the report is returned to you, a comment on the report will explain why it’s being returned. Review the report and resubmit it when you’re satisfied that it’s correct.
9. Can I see the status of my expense report in Concur?
Yes, you or your delegate can see the status of your expense report in a few different ways:
- Go to the Expense tab in Concur and click Report Library. The report and payment status are in this view.
- Go to the Expense tab and click on the expense report and click Details, and then Audit Trail or Approval Flow.
10. What file types can I attach to Concur?
Files can be submitted in the following formats, with a limit of 5 MB per file: .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .pdf, .html, .tif or .tiff.
11. Can I split an expense among different cost centers?
Yes, any expense can be allocated by percentage or dollar amount to a different account than what you entered in the Report Header. To split an expense, click Allocate on the expense type you want to split.
12. Can a Delegate create and submit an Expense Report for all travelers?
Delegates may create Expense Reports but cannot submit them for PPPL employee travelers. Concur requires employee travelers to review and submit their own Travel Requests. However, Delegates can create Travel Requests for non-employee travelers and submit the expense report on their behalf (with written certification from the traveler acknowledging the expenses claimed are true and accurate).