Travel Request FAQ
- What is Request?
- Is Request required?
- When should a Travel Request be created and processed?
- Are estimated costs required?
- Can a Delegate create and submit a Travel Request for all travelers?
1. What is Request?
Request replaces the Travel Approval Form (TAF) previously utilized for approval of PPPL business travel.
2. Is Request required?
Yes, just as before with Travel Approval Forms, Requests are required for anyone traveling on behalf of PPPL regardless of funding source.
3. When should a Travel Request be created and processed?
A Travel Request should be created and processed in Concur for all individuals who travel on behalf of PPPL, regardless of the funding source, including that of non-PPPL employees (e.g. invited guests, guest researchers, visitors, interviewees, students, subcontractors*)
*Subcontractors should refer to the travel terms incorporated into the subcontract
4. Are estimated costs required?
Yes. In order to begin building trip itineraries as well as encumber funds, adding estimated trip expenses is important. Specifically, completing applicable Segments is key. Additional travel expenses, such as per diem allowance, personal car mileage, etc. can be added.
5. Can a Delegate create and submit a Travel Request for all travelers?
Delegates may create Travel Requests but cannot submit them for PPPL employee travelers. Concur requires employee travelers to review and submit their own Travel Requests. However, Delegates can create Travel Requests for non-employee travelers and submit the requests on their behalf.