Submit Travel Request
You must complete a pre-trip Travel Request using Concur. Doing so ensures that the trip is necessary and reasonable, has a valid business purpose, and assures that the funding exists for the cost centers being charged.
Estimate your costs
In order to obtain approval for your trip, estimated expenses must be submitted. Think about the following questions when estimating your costs and use the menu on the left to help answer these questions.
- Will you be traveling by air, train, bus or auto, and will you be renting a vehicle?
- How many days is your trip? The length of your trip and per diem rate will be the basis for your hotel and meal estimates.
- What other expenses will you incur? (e.g.- parking, gas, tolls, mileage, etc.)
Detailed explanations of the requirements can be found in the Travel Manual.
Standard approval is the Authorized Account Signatory for the cost centers being charged. Any modifications, deviations or exceptions to travel plans will need additional approvals.
The Laboratory currently has a contract with Graycar Travel to provide reservation and ticketing services for official Laboratory travel. It is recommended that travelers make travel arrangements with Graycar to obtain the following services:
- Negotiated airfare discounts
- Direct billing of airline tickets
- Fly America Act guidance
- Car rental rates including insurance
- 24/7 customer support
- Tracking unused airline tickets
- Calculating allowable airfares
Please ensure your booking complies with PPPL Travel Manual or we will not be able to reimburse you.
8:00AM-5:30PM ET Monday-Friday
As with any travel for PPPL, you must maintain all expense records and receipts. Reimbursements will be made in accordance with policy. Please familiarize yourself with these requirements. To get reimbursed, complete and submit an Expense Report in Concur detailing each expense to be reimbursed.